The meanings of a few names that people would typically think are ghetto and meaningless
LAKEISHA: a swahili name meaning “favorite one”
LATEEFAH: a north african name meaning “gentle and pleasant”
LATONIA: a latin name. latonia was the mother of diana in roman mythology
LATISHA: means “happiness”
TAKIYA: a north african name meaning “righteous”
ESHE. African Swahili name meaning “immortal”
KALISHA. Probably from the Galla word kalisha “sorcerer, wizard, witch doctor, magician”
LEENA (لينا). Another spelling of Arabic Lina (q.v.), meaning “softness.” In use in Africa.
MAKENA. African Kikuyu name meaning “the happy one.”
NIA. African Swahili name meaning “intention, life purpose, mind.”
MONIFA. African Yoruba name, meaning “I am luck,” from mo “I,” and ifa “profit, luck.”
NUBIA. Unisex. African. From the name of the country Nubia, meaning “land of gold,” from the Coptic word for gold.
AYANA : Ethiopian female name meaning “beautiful flower.”
SHANIKA. Unisex. African Bantu name, probably meaning “young one from the wilderness.”
SALINA. African. A name in use in Kenya. It may mean “merciful.”
TAMEKA. Another spelling of the African Congo name Tamika (q.v.), meaning “a twin,”
TAMELA. African Zulu name meaning “she who basks in the sun,”
AMARA. f. African. From the Swahili word amara, meaning “urgent business.”
Hindu. name meaning “immortal.”
African. Ethiopian. Amharic amari, meaning “agreeable, pleasing.”
CHICHI f Western African, Igbo
Diminutive of Igbo names beginning with the element Chi meaning “God”.
IMANI f & m Eastern African, Swahili, African American
Means “faith” in Swahili, ultimately of Arabic origin.
AZIZA f means “Respected. Darling.” Muslim,African, Egyptian, Arabic, Somali name meaning “gorgeous.
DALIA/DALILA f means “Gentle.”
African, Arabic, American, Egyptian, Spanish, African, Hebrew
BIBI : An East African female name meaning “daughter of a king.” Also a Kiswahili word meaning “lady” or “grandmother.”
ADA : Ibo of Nigeria name for firstborn females.
ZENA : Ethiopian name meaning “news” or “fame.”
JAMILAH f means “Beautiful.”
Arabic, Muslim, African
KALIFA f means “Chaste; holy.”
RASHIDI/RASHIDA f means
“Wise.” Egyptian African Swahili name meaning “righteous.”
TAJ means “Crown.”
FATUMA : Popular Swahili and Somali versions of the name Muslim name, FATIMA, meaning “weaned.”
NANA : Ghanaian name meaning “mother of the Earth.”
AJA : High Priestess of Mecca.
ADINA : Amharic of Ethiopia word sometimes used as a female name, meaning “she has saved.”
BALINDA : A Rutooro of Uganda name meaning “patience, endurance, fortitude.” (Balinda is also used as a male name in Uganda.)
FANTA : Guinea and Cote D’Ivoire name meaning “beautiful day.”
KAYA : Ghanaian name meaning “stay and don’t go back.”
LAYLA , LAILA , LEYLA , LEILA : Swahili and Muslim name meaning “born at night.”
SHANI : Swahili name meaning “marvelous.”
ANAYA : Ibo of Eastern Nigeria name meaning “look up to God.”
TANISHA , TANI : Hausa of W. Africa name meaning “born on Monday.”
ZAKIYA : Swahili name meaning “smart, intelligent.”
TITI : Nigerian name meaning “flower.”
SAFIA , SAFIYA , SAFIYEH , SAFIYYAH : Swahili and Arabic name meaning “pure and wise” or “lion’s share.”
LULU : Swahili and Muslim name meaning “pearl” or “precious.”
KADIJA , KHADIJA : Swahili name meaning “born prematurely.”
AMINA : Somali and Muslim female name meaning “trustful, honest” and referring to Muhammed’s mother. This name is popular with the Hausa of West Africa.
This feels familiar
real niggaSMOKER’S ANTHEM
primadonna | via Tumblr on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/127552157
john green is my fave :)
What a ridiculous place we live in
Whenever I be on the plane this is always I see
- The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
- Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
- Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
- People are usually never who they say they are.
- If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
- If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
- If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
- If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
- “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
- Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
- You are at fault sometimes.
- There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
- Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
- It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
- Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
- Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.
You are not a bad person for getting abortion, it doesn’t matter if:
- you were assaulted
- your birth control failed
- you weren’t on birth control at all
- there is a medical issue
- you don’t want children
- you already have children and can’t handle another
- you aren’t ready
- you don’t want to be pregnant
You are never a bad person for needing an abortion. There is nothing wrong with you. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
You are not alone.